Sunday, August 10, 2008

Frustration

Have you ever tried to be very clear on your instructions and then surprised at how wrong someone understands what you have told them. Even if they repeat the same thing back to you.
I have been frustrated as of late with that very thing. We have been continuing to work on the house and yard. Because we have no idea how to do anything I have been researching and planning. I have done everything to learn what I needed to come to firm decisions but it seems that when I explain it to others they always miss the most important details. They know more than I do about these things and when I talk to them they act like I'm talking in another language. Have you ever had this happen? What frustrates you?

5 comments:

Mrs. O said...

Is this Mike or Kenna asking? It happens all the time with kids and it seems that Mr. O and I say the same thing a lot of time but say it in completely different ways. When that happens, it feels like he has no idea what I'm talking about.

I think I'm getting better about it. Need help with any house stuff? Chances are we've been there.

Natalie said...

You know what frustrates me? When you are out for a casual drive around the town at 2:30 in the morning (almost to home) and completely obeying the speed limit because your sticker on your license plate expired the week before (oops!) and you pass a cop, holding your breath, and he pulls out to follow you and you make a quick turn on a "not so traveled road" and he PULLS YOU OVER! He notices your kids in the back seat and you explain that you went to a late showing of "Batman", (which puts your nerves on end about cops), and you just picked the kids up from the grandparents and you actually do indeed live on this "quiet road"! Then he tells you your light is out on your back plate and your quick turn made you look suspicious. But he's out to get the BAD GUYS, so he let's you go home to put the kids in bed not noticing the expired plate because of the lack of light?!
Wow...so many things wrong with that story!!!

Mike Bartholomew said...

Natalie, I had a similar experience, I got stuck at a red light for 10 min at 2am and a cop was behind me for about 5 min. As soon as the light turned green he pulled me over. Apparently my registration had expired 6 months before and I had no idea. He was kind enough to let me off with a warning because how long we both had to sit at the light.

Mike Bartholomew said...

Mrs Organic we are having yard trauma so we would love any input or help you could give. We know what we want to do but can't seem to find a starting point.

YourEveryColorPhotography said...

We love seeing you guys over our vaca. Miss you! You'll have to make a trip out here sometime to visit. Loved your house!