Friday, May 30, 2008

Vacation


Have you ever got home from vacation and felt like you need a vacation? This is usually the case for us but not this time. This vacation was all about relaxing. We stayed on the beach, so we could go down and play or come have lunch and take a nap with no hassle. the kids weren't constantly asking when we were going to get ready and go to the beach, we were already there.





I think my favorite two things about the vacation were sitting on the deck in the sun listening to the ocean while reading a good book. I love just soaking up the sun. The second thing was breakfast across from the pier. I can stop thinking about the french toast, yumm!


Shara and Jane loved playing in the sand, I don't think they ever got in the water. Their cousins were with us so they always had someone fun to play with and to give them new ideas. Like burying them selves in the sand and taking up lodging in the towel closet. They also got to see some fun wild life, a rabbit, lizards, pelicans, dolphins and the favorite lots of puppy's.



I always enjoy shopping and we did some of that. I bought 3 sand dollars in hopes that one would make it home whole. Nope, all broken beyond repair. The shells and rocks I found all made it.


My least favorite things where being searched at the airport, I don't recommend letting your drivers license expire! Also we cut it a little close heading back to the airport and forgot to fill up the rental car with gas before dropping it off. I think they charged us a default of like $7 a gallon, mind you it's only $4 at the gas station. Oh well, you live and learn.


Over all I think we cant wait to do it again. We love San Clemente, but may venture to other beaches next time too. We recommend this type of vacation to all! Now we are back to everyday life.

1 comments:

Terri said...

Love the pictures!! Can almost be there with you. Very cute family. I'm glad you got to go and do something so fun. Glad you are staying near!! Love Mom