Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Accident

Yes it was During Church Ball.

It’s funny to me that most injuries you hear about happen during church ball. Mike enjoyed getting up really early and going to play basket ball with a bunch of men from the stake. One member got underneath him when he went up for a rebound and he landed wrong on his ankle. He felt a snap, and I got the dreaded call. “Sweetheart, Kevin is taking me to the ER, I think I broke my ankle.” I defiantly couldn’t sleep after that. He didn’t end up going he went to his office instead and iced it, a Dr. friend of his came by and told him to come in to his office and get a X Ray, it looked broken. I took him in and it didn’t look good. The x-rays came back perfect, which might not have been a blessing. It’s a toss up, I can’t get him to take time to rest long enough to let himself heal. I think he might have had to if it were in a cast. He has a grade 3 high ankle sprain and was on crutches for a week. The pain should last a good month or more and I must say NO Basket Ball allowed for some time! the pictures were taken three days later and don't begin to do it justice.


2 comments:

Up in Bubbles said...

OUCHHHHHH! I am so sorry . That looks like it really hurts. I had a bad one like that and it is so important to take good care of it. I know a really good physical thearapist that works rights by where you live. He works wonders from what I hear. Just let me know if you want me to hook you up. I kind of have an in. Good luck with that. That is one of the worst i have seen.

Sarah said...

Oh the dangers of church ball. Last year my husband colided with someone else and they both ended up with cuts in their mouths. Josh's needed stitches.