Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving


Well Thanksgiving was a lot of fun for us this year.
We didn't want to overlook the importance of Thanksgiving like the stores want you to. We decided to take my sister in law's idea and implement it into our own family. We made a Turkey and every night each one of us said something we were thankful for and added a feather.
It was a lot of fun. Thanks Em.
We also made some fun hats. I had planned to talk about the pilgrims and Indians for family night but the turkey seemed to take up the length of their attention span, maybe next year.
What Thanksgiving food is your favorite, or makes it really feel like Thanksgiving for you?
Mike's is stuffing, it's not Thanksgiving with out stuffing.
For me I think yams say Thanksgiving. But I do love having turkey and cranberries.
Let's not forget the pumpkin pie.
For Shara I don't think it's the food, she loves to get together with all her cousins and play game's. I think Scott is her favorite right now.
I bought a green onion cheese ball and crackers to snack on while we played games, it's tradition. The funny thing is my sister who we played games with feel the same way and bought the exact cheese ball and crackers only minutes after me. Needless to say their was plenty to go around. Thanks for playing games with us Corrie.
What are you most thankful for this year?
I am so thankful for my Family. Mike is the best husband ever and our girls are so sweet.
It is great to see how everyone in my family supports each other, no matter what someone needs, they are their, what a blessing. I am grateful to be living close enough to enjoy seeing most of them often and can't wait to spend time with those who are further away.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks like you guys had a fun thanksgiving! I love the idea about the turkey and the "thankful feathers". We'll have to give that a try next year.

Anonymous said...

I like what you did for Thanksgiving--but I sure missed you all this year. Glad to know you are all carrying on the traditions we loved and added new ones too! I hope Jane is feeling better. Thanks for the help tonight. Love mom

MamaB said...

Jane is feeling better, and we missed you this Thanksgiving too, it's hard to have to split between two families but we are looking forward to Christmas!

The Sorensen Family said...

You're kids are so stinkin' cute! I love the pilgrim hats! Can't wait to see you guys.
-Andrea :)

Up in Bubbles said...

What a cute idea with the turkey. I also love the pilgrim hats I could have used this idea since we had to dress up for thanksgiving. They look so cute dressed up.

Mrs. O said...

Very cute traditions. I swear I check your blog all the time and only ever saw the Halloween pictures. You have been very busy posting - don't know how I missed it.